New Age Wrestling Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Age Wrestling forums is a wrestling forum that fans of wrestling can come in and discuss about professional wrestling, also other stuff such as music, sports, movies, television and co.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)

Go down 
+2
Richo
aceyisyourfix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
aceyisyourfix

aceyisyourfix

Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 am

Acey Review
Smackdown 7/23/10

That's right they're back...And more opinionated and brutal as ever!

Kane Heavy Weight Champion Promo
I have always liked Kane, I think his championship reign was long overdue. He seems to have always been underappreciated by the WWE (un)creative team; he just lingered there on the back burner for years, no significant pushes, nothing. I'm glad that he's finally gotten this push. However, I was kind of bored during his promo. It was supposed to show his frustration, which it did; however, it was bland. It was an eight minute promo and I was slightly unentertained. 3-star promo (6/10)

Matt Hardy & Christian vs. Drew McIntyre & Cody Rhodes
Knowing that I am a mark for heels, my favorites in this match were McIntyre and Rhodes. Christian was looking very aggressive in this match almost as if he was trying to show his partner what he's capable of. Matt and Christian were getting along great, they did quite a few double team moves. Cody needs to bulk up a bit in my opinion, I think with his talent constantly improving, if he were a bit bigger, they might put him up against higher talent. I mean he went from facing Triple H and Shawn Michaels to Matt Hardy and Christian. Not that I have anything against Christian, but Rhodes was competing with main eventers/former heavyweight champions, and now he's back to being a midcard.

I've never been a big fan of Matt Hardy, he is of course the more talented Hardy, and he has very unique in-ring abilities. I believe he showed this off very well in this match. I've said it a few times about McIntyre, he's a very intense in-ring performer, aggressive just how I like my men (Mmm), but he's boring on the mic...I think this thing developing between Matt and Christian could be interesting, I mean I don't think they'll go anywhere as a tag team to be honest Matt is just "meh" in my opinion I really don't care whether I see him or not. I'd rather see Christian rise to higher levels of competition, but again this could be interesting to see if they stick together.

Match Result: McIntyre pins Hardy 3.7-Star Match (7.4/10)

Alberto Del Rio Promo
I think his promos are meant to appeal mostly to women because all I get from this guy is that he's good-looking and I can see him having that "I'm a handsome douchebag who gets all the ladies" gimmick...No further comments at this time. 2.7-stars (5.4/10)

LayCool Best Friends Promo
Do I need to say how much I can't stand hearing that dumb high school valley girl talk? It makes me want to puke every time I hear them. Fuck, break them up, have them turn on each other, have Layla kick McCool's ass, give McCool a double cheese burger because she hasn't eaten in ten years, and make them SHUT THE FUCK UP! 2.9-stars (5.8/10)

Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
You know, Vicki could be cute if she lost weight. Anyway to the wrestlers...WHY IS ZIGGLER ALWAYS MADE SOME BIMBO'S BOYFRIEND? Ugh...Everyone know's he has a wifey...Ehem...Me. No but in all seriousness, Dolph's push shouldn't have to put him under the grotesque thumb of Vicki Guerrero. He's always improving in the ring and if they just gave him a chance to develope his charisma, he could be great upper midcard material.

I always enjoy seeing Kofi fight, I'm a mark for those damn spot monkeys. You can feel his in-ring intensity through the tv. That's great, love seeing his matches, don't really like hearing him talk...Needs immprovement in that field.

As far as this match up goes, I think Ziggler and Kingston are a great match up. Dolph with his aggression and ameteur wrestling, kofi with his high-impact intense style. This match was very entertaining, I think they should definitely keep this feud going and give Dolph Kofi's title.

Match Result: Dolph wins with Sleeper Hold 4.5-star match (9/10)

SES Mystery Man (Mercury) vs. Big Show
Finally he is unmasked...And I was wrong when I didn't think it was Joey Mercury. Shame on me, how could I have forgotten a set of washboard abs like that. (Mmm) This match was lame, it was solely for the purpose of unmasking Mercury. Meh...3-star match just for the unmasking (6/10)

Grooming Tips with Cody Rhodes
Yeah, not entertained, but dayum, mmm can I have a piece of that? That was a promo for women and gay/bi guys because he looked like Campbell's Soup "Mmm Mmm Good!" 2.5 stars (5/10)

ANOTHER DEL RIO PROMO? Okay come on, it's overkill. He's cute okay but if he doesn't just come out already and beat someone up, I'm gonna find him myself and drag him into that ring and show him the right way to make an impact...Spade-style. No rating for this one I skipped through it.

Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger
Swagger has got to be the most talented in-ring competitor who is THAT annoying. He's great to watch in the ring but I HATE being subject to listening to him speak and watching his promos. I love me some good old-fashioned mat wrestling, nothing gets me going more than a man who can get down and handle himself like that on the mat. Swagger's submissions look terribly painful; Mysterio got worked in this match. Swagger is a machine in the ring, they need to have him utilize that, Swagger should face Kane definitely, in a really good competitive match with a clean finish that would be epic. I don't like seeing his talent wasted on an overrated wrestler like Mysterio.

This match was great but a disappointing because Mysterio won, ew...When is his contract up? Ugh!

Match Result: Mysterio wins (1. Swagger is DQed 2. Mysterio taps out 3. Mysterio pins Swagger) 4.6-stars (9.2/10)

The Kane attack at the end was great for the crazed vengeful brother gimmick. I liked it.

All in all the show was okay, the promos weren't entertaining in the least. The matches were good, I really want to see more of Ziggler and Kofi, I liked their match a lot...Not too thrilled about Matt Hardy and Christians little team, hopefully it doesn't progress, just let them go their own ways, and let Christian move on to better singles competitors. Anyway, to sum it up the show earned 3.3-stars...I guess the show was average, but only because of the boring promos; if the promos had been better the show would have probably gotten like 4 stars...

The gimmick in this show failed, but the matches earned my stamp of approval.

Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) BP-FrogAce
Back to top Go down
Richo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:29 am

Damn... That was awesome Acey, hope to see a lot more of these Smile

Also I would love it if Christian and Matt became a tag team, solely because I doubt WWE could do anything major with them.
Back to top Go down
https://newagewrestling.forumotion.com
L-shizzel

L-shizzel

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Matt in my opinion will just be a tag wrestler its where most of his success has been no one can really say his US and ECW title reigns were great and his heel turns were bad.

Christian is the same as Matt they were enemies in the past back in the day of the TLC but together M&C would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Shadow

Wesker's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Great review as always, Acey! I never really get to check out SD anymore since Friday's I'm usually out or just getting home from work.

I'm so happy to see Kane is finally a champion again. I'll have to check out his promo on Youtube or the WWE website. His promos can sometimes be a little dragged out at times.

I agree about LayCool and Ziggler. I can't stand McCrap nor even understand the reason why people like her. Yes, she's got some talent but she's never going to be a Natalya or Gail Kim. I don't think a double cheeseburger will be enough for her bony ass though, lol. I think she'll eventually get knocked up by Taker and go away. Atleast that's what I'm hoping for.

Ziggler is much better off on his own. Having a valet hang around him is getting old. I want to see him kicked up a notch too towards the main event instead of lingering in the mid-card area.

I also can't believe I missed some smexy man segments though, lol. I haven't seen what Alberto Del Rio looks like but again, I need to catch up with atleast a few month's worth of WWE, lol.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks for posting this, Acey. I don't watch wrestling much these days so it's good to get a review of what's going on.

As for Matt and Christian - I honestly think they're pretty much viewed the same way by management so neither of them is going to go any higher than midcard on their own. Maybe as a tag team they'll get a break and do something unexpected? Then again, I think I'd rather see them feud. I'd have Christian go over Matt Hardy, though. I don't think Matt's all that great. Sure, he can wrestle but... he's boring and bland. He has none of Jeff's charisma, which is a shame.

Kofi and Ziggler sounds like an interesting match up. Might have to see if I can catch it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
aceyisyourfix

aceyisyourfix

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 am

Richo wrote:
Damn... That was awesome Acey, hope to see a lot more of these Smile

Also I would love it if Christian and Matt became a tag team, solely because I doubt WWE could do anything major with them.

I couldn't see them having a tag title run, but I could see Christian in the IC title run.

Shiz wrote:
Matt in my opinion will just be a tag wrestler its where most of his success has been no one can really say his US and ECW title reigns were great and his heel turns were bad.

Christian is the same as Matt they were enemies in the past back in the day of the TLC but together M&C would be pretty cool.

I don't care for Matt. I would rather see a triple threat with Christian, Ziggler, and Kofi for the title.

Sammie wrote:
Great review as always, Acey! I never really get to check out SD anymore since Friday's I'm usually out or just getting home from work.

Thanks for checking it out despite not seeing SD.

I'm so happy to see Kane is finally a champion again. I'll have to check out his promo on Youtube or the WWE website. His promos can sometimes be a little dragged out at times.

Yeah it was an okay promo, showed his anger but it was dull. I hope they don't cheapen his title run.

I agree about LayCool and Ziggler. I can't stand McCrap nor even understand the reason why people like her. Yes, she's got some talent but she's never going to be a Natalya or Gail Kim. I don't think a double cheeseburger will be enough for her bony ass though, lol. I think she'll eventually get knocked up by Taker and go away. Atleast that's what I'm hoping for.

Ziggler is much better off on his own. Having a valet hang around him is getting old. I want to see him kicked up a notch too towards the main event instead of lingering in the mid-card area.

I also can't believe I missed some smexy man segments though, lol. I haven't seen what Alberto Del Rio looks like but again, I need to catch up with atleast a few month's worth of WWE, lol.

Phoenix wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Acey. I don't watch wrestling much these days so it's good to get a review of what's going on.

No problem hun! I actually like writing reviews, if you have any suggestions on anything that would improve them please don't hesitate to let me know!

As for Matt and Christian - I honestly think they're pretty much viewed the same way by management so neither of them is going to go any higher than midcard on their own. Maybe as a tag team they'll get a break and do something unexpected? Then again, I think I'd rather see them feud. I'd have Christian go over Matt Hardy, though. I don't think Matt's all that great. Sure, he can wrestle but... he's boring and bland. He has none of Jeff's charisma, which is a shame.

Kofi and Ziggler sounds like an interesting match up. Might have to see if I can catch it somewhere.

YES! WATCH IT!

Thanks for the love guys.
Much love.
Back to top Go down
Kondor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 am

A great review, Acey. cheers It was informative, funny in parts, and entertaining all at the same time. And I like your insight.

I myself missed most of this episode of Smackdown except for the last match; but I'll offer my thoughts on what you wrote. I also am of the opinion that a major World Title reign for Kane is long overdue. The dude has been kicking ass for the better part of 13 years; and he should have been a titleholder for a lot longer than one measly day in that time span. Glad he is finally getting his due; and of course it makes me think if this is a last run for him if he plans to hang up the boots soon.

I find Matt Hardy & Christian's teaming up, and how they get along in general these days, to be interesting compared to how hotly The Hardy Boyz and Christian & Edge feuded over the Tag Team Title so many years ago. As of right now it seems they have gained respect for each other after all those wars and are now cordial to each other; and those two veterans have now joined forces to face against their new enemies in WWE's younger talent. And on that note, I like the Hardy vs McIntyre feud. McIntyre is playing the spoiled brat favorite of the Chairman and Matt the respected but sometimes screwed fan favorite. It's a good storyline that develops the characters of both men the way they are at this time.

I like Kofi Kingston also, but I wouldn't really call him a spot monkey. To me a spot monkey is someone who relies on tons of top rope moves as being the basis of how he wrestles a wrestling match because they don't want to or can't execute actual wrestling holds; and with tons of unnecessary flips within them. Jack Evans would be an example. Kofi Kingston is not one of those people (to me). He can actually wrestle, can tell a story in the ring, and he uses aerial maneuvers as the supplement to actual wrestling that they should be.

In the meantime, Swagger is playing the perfect cowardly heel. He gets the better of Mysterio; then runs away from Kane. And at the same time, Kane looks tough; yet they still save the Kane vs Swagger matchup until later. I was interested in seeing how The Big Red Machine would actually wrestle as Champion but I guess we'll wait.

Great review, Acey; and I know you'll keep them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)   Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Acey Reviews (If you haven't watched the show yet, don't read.)
Page 1 of 1